Aber Heating Engineers recently completed the refurbishment of Aberystwyth’s Old lifeboat station. The building was built in 1875 and over the years has had various uses including use as a BBC broadcasting studio. However in 2020 Ceredigion Archives were awarded a grant to ensure the long-term preservation of manuscripts and other important documents through the Welsh Government’s Transformation Capital Grant Programme which is supporting museums, archives and libraries across the country. Aber Heating Engineers were appointed on a Design & Build basis to convert the existing records storage facility into a modern Home Office approved archive storage facility.
Work completed at the station included the Design and installation of:
- Inert gas fire suppression system
- Ventilation, Air conditioning and close control HVAC system
- Repair to the existing mobile rack systems
- Update the buildings security and fire compliance.
- Decoration and builders work.